NPA dead, 3 firearms seized after encounter with Army in MisOr

CLAVERIA, Misamis Oriental – A communist NPA terrorist was killed, and three high-powered firearms were seized during a clash between the Communist Terrorist Groups (CTGs) and troops under 58th Infantry Dimalulupig Battalion, August 29, 2021.

The encounter occurred at roughly 5:00 p.m. in the hinterlands of Barangay Lawaan, Gingoog City, as the troops were conducting military operations while following traces from a CTG hideout discovered in the area.

The firefight lasted about 20 minutes against 10 armed elements of the Sub-regional Committee 1 (SRC1) of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee (NCMRC), which resulted to the fatal death of a certain Aldo Higyawan, alias Ramon, a member of Platoon Ryan, SRC1, NCMRC. Troops then recovered two M16 rifles and one M14 rifle, assorted medical paraphernalia, subversive documents, and personal belongings. No casualties have been reported on the government’s side.

“The encounter is a result of the ongoing effort and active steps to thwart hostile activities,” stated Lieutenant Colonel Ricky L Canatoy, Commanding Officer of the 58th Infantry Battalion. “But yet again, another life has been lost in the war against the failed ideology of the Communist NPA Terrorists (CNTs). We extend our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.”

The 58th Infantry Battalion’s Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Ricky L Canatoy, remarked, “The encounter is a result of the continued effort and aggressive actions to impede hostile activity.” “However, another life has been lost in the struggle against the Communist NPA Terrorists’ bankrupt ideology (CNTs). We express our deepest sympathies to the grieving family.”

We urge the surviving CTG members to lay down their arms, return to the folds of the law, and live a peaceful and normal life, avoiding unnecessary death. The Army, on the other hand, will not hesitate to use force against peacebreakers and other threat groups who will continue to utilize terrorism.”

The found cadaver was subsequently transported to a funeral home in Gingoog City, where he was given a decent and proper turn-over to his family.

Comments are closed.